sewing fool

25 September 2005

Encore!

Another bolero is complete, this one by WG for the four year old. He made the cuffs flare a bit by picking up every stitch and working with the same size needle as for the body. Tomorrow he begins the fifth and tiniest bolero, for the two year old.

RO gives me "his" finished bolero (for the two and a half year old) tomorrow. He will be out of town all next week.

The sleeves of the first bolero are too short. I have plans to cut them off, bind off the edges, make new sleeves and stitch them on. The garment is knit in one piece, so it will be a fiddly project, and one for which I hardly have time.

My second bolero, for the nine and a half year old, is done in the main. It needs to have its body/sleeve seams done, cuffs made and band created. And the i-cord ties. Ne fergittez pas l'i-cord!

I'm stressing about the project due date this coming Saturday (for my purposes, everything should be done Friday night.) I still have to cut two and a half dresses and all five sashes. Is there enough silk organza for the underlining? We'll find out by Monday evening. Stress is spotting the face and disturbing the sleep. It will only get worse. Sew! Sew like the wind.

Fresh figs have disappeared from the fruit stands. September stands triumphant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home