sewing fool

23 February 2007

So I made a throw pillow

for my lovely, traditional sofa, which is off-white and rather quiet. It seemed to need a sartorial exclamation point, so I gave it ... this. The fringe is like nothing I had ever seen before. I plan to make some matching bolsters, with the fringe around the ends.


















** UPDATE **

It seemed to me that the throw pillow was lonely, so I made it a sibling. So much time had passed since the creation of the first that I was unable to match the trim exactly; they are therefore fraternal, rather than identical.















So far the plans for the bolsters are still dormant.

2 Comments:

  • Ooo - I love it! Our new couch desperately needs some exciting throw pillows.

    By Blogger jcarwen, at 2/26/2007 10:53 PM  

  • that pillow is totally cosmic! it makes me want to eat a tv dinner on a fold-up tray while sitting on said sofa. keen!

    By Blogger yelahneb, at 2/26/2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home