sewing fool

11 May 2006

white box no longer



LB, the actress I am dressing, likes to tell people that if she didn't have me she would be naked and alone in a white box, crying. While she is exaggerating a bit, I did take charge of decorating her dressing room. The fits-and-starts process has lasted weeks and had some unchangeable givens (carpet color and too many mirrors) as well as some options we chose not to explore (paint). I relied mainly on textiles and accessories, and have tried to be as thrifty as possible. I found some cute straw nesting stools, bright capiz shell strings, and striped curtain panels online at The Company Store's sale pages. Using my sewing skills, I repurposed a couple of the curtain panels for our odd storage spaces; the others went as-is into service in doorways. I also found some witty spirograph-patterned cotton at Denver Fabrics, and made it into table runners and a throw pillow.

LB's show hairdresser, TFA, gave her a very pretty throw as an opening night gift; it gussies up the plain loveseat nicely. It's finally feeling nearly-done.

All we need is a proper chair for the makeup table.
And some ideas for the bathroom....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home